Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Three weeks in...

So much has happened in the last three weeks that I really don't know where to start. The beginning I suppose with the phone call from one of the Clarion South convenors on 18 October. Wild excitement followed by total panic. Woohoo! I'm going to Clarion South! Less than twelve weeks to get everything in my life reorganised! And that includes decisions about the new flooring that was to be installed by Christmas as well as the story for Beyond the Sun the first draft of which is supposed to be ready by mid November and the novel that needs to be re-drafted and and and... Then there's all the Clarion South preparation. Not just the story file but money to find - lots of money by my standards considering I'll have to have a laptop as well as pay for the workshop and fares.
Ah well it will all sort itself out eventually. Meanwhile I'm making lists - what the family have to know to survive my nearly seven week absence, what I have to do before I leave, Christmas, what to take with me to name a few. And when it gets too much why I'll just go off quietly somewhere and write, losing myself in some fantasy world of my creation where it's others who are facing the problems.
I might actually get a story idea for my file with a bit of luck.

No comments: