Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Clarion Christmas

Somehow Christmas is getting a bit short changed this year. Usually the decorations go up the first weekend of December. The house drips with baubles, garlands and tinsel anywhere there is a spot - door handles, behind doors, around doorways, in bowls. You name it and there's probably a decoration. Even the teddy bears on my bed get their own Santa hats and scarfs. With Clarion though I've had to cut back - a bit. As I'm flying out of Perth on January 6, I'll have no time to take anything down and in hope of making things a little easier for Virgo I've cut back so only the living, dining rooms and hall are decorated. We still have two trees, of course. Only the seepage through the rest of the house has been stopped. My teddies still have their hats and scarfs though .
It's starting to look a lot like Christmas. This would be good if I wasn't so far behind in my preparations. No cooking done, still half the presents to buy and wrap, a piece of Christmas inspired writing for the Karrinyup Writers' club Christmas party in two days time and, by the way, tinsel doesn't cover a multitude of sins. Damn.
This doesn't help me in my sorting out what I need for Clarion either but as the medieval scholar, Dame Julian, said, "All will be well and all will be well and all manner of things will be well. " and no doubt she was right.

1 comment:

Satima Flavell said...

Cutting back on Christmas? Good thing, if you ask me. I'm Not Participating this year. I know, I know, I say that every year - but this time I mean it. No money for presents, anyway - and I've gone right off cards. They are so expensive one hates to throw them away, so Christmas Archival Material needs its own storage space.

Yeah, I'm with Mr Scrooge on this one:-)