Thursday, January 25, 2007

That was fun

Not really. Our generous tutors provided an extra session last night where they filled us in on the professional stuff - writing query letters, getting unblocked, how to approach a publishing house or an agent, trends in SF etc - which was very interesting. We brought food and talked as we ate. Then, about halfway through, I started to feel ill and it developed from a blocked nose into asthma, headache and itches. No idea what caused it. I brought vegetarian sushi to eat but there was nothing different there because I've eaten the same kind from the same shop before. I'm still not feeling well. My asthma has eased but I'm having to use Ventolin and I'll need another anti-histamine soon. As well I have a pounding headache. All I want to do is stay in bed but the carpets are being cleaned which means...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think Brisbane climate is partly to blame for the asthma worsening. My son's asthma and eczema almost disappeared when we moved house from Bris to Perth. He rarely needs his preventor or nasal sprays now. I think in Bris there was more of everything: pollens, dust mites and the humidity doesn't help. Doctors in Perth keep telling us that Brisbane is kinder on asthmatics, but we certainly didn't experience it like that.

Helen V. said...

That's interesting, Carol, because I'd been told the same by Perth doctors. I'm beginning to wonder too if the humidity causes a lot of unnoticed mould growth which would also account for it.