Sunday, June 03, 2007

Paris je t'aime

What a wonderful movie - mostly in French but with excellent subtitles. I went with one of my oldest friends and we laughed and cried our way through a series of perfectly presented little stories linked only by the fact that they were all about love (of many kinds) and set in Paris. With a stellar cast including some of the best known actors of France, the U.K. and the U.S.A. playing minuscule cameos, combined with wonderful photography and inspired production, this is to be recommended to everyone.
It has certainly inspired me to go back to my writing with a fresh eye. So much was said in such a succinct and beautiful way with not a surplus moment. That's what the best writing is too - spare and lyrical at the same time. Now to see if I can manage the same with words...

No comments: