Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Rejection Report

Hmm, you may remember that I started the year trying to match my Clarion South mate, Christopher Green. Chris aimed at having one hundred rejections by the end of the year. The idea is that to have that many rejections you have to be sending out work - which is how you get the acceptances you want. Simple and logical. My only variation from that plan is, because of my focus on completing my novel, I have modified it a little and I am aiming at fifty rejections.

Unfortunately - and somewhat embarrassingly - so far I have had only two rejections. There are a whole lot of excuses (all valid)I could offer but the truth is I haven't sent out enough. I'm setting the grindstone a-spinning now. Can you hear it? "I must do better. I must do better. I must do better."

No comments: