Sunday, February 24, 2013

The Singing Mountain by Anne E. Summers

The Singing Mountain, by Western Australian author, Anne E. Summers, is now available as an e-book from Solstice Publishing.

Stories about the clash of mythical characters or the Fae in their many incarnations with our world are not unusual but in The Singing Mountain the juxtaposition of the magical world with Wales in the between the war years 1918-1940 adds another and unexpected dimension where myth and reality collide in the story of Megan, a miner's daughter who marries out of her class, and who becomes the catalyst for events that shake her world.

Anne was one of the founding members of Karrinyup Writers Club where I learned much of my writing craft. She is also one of those without whose encouragement I might well have given up long ago so I am delighted to see The Singing Mountain published.

I've followed the development of this novel from its early beginnings but had not read it in its final form until now. I downloaded it yesterday and I'm about halfway through it. It's an easy read and I'm enjoying it. In fact I'm off to finish it as soon as I finish this post.

You can buy it either by going to the Solstice Publishing website, which is a little tricky to navigate - you need to go to the bookstore then scroll down to the New Releases section to find the book - or direct from Amazon.com.




No comments: