Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Spam, Spam , Spam

So I made the mistake of removing Word Verification from my blog.  A number of visitors commented that it was annoying and I totally understand that. I find it annoying on other blogs too, especially when it is hard to read and I find myself having to do it several times. As well, I was told by much more successful bloggers than me that "most bloggers" - the blogging equivalent of the "cool kids" - were abandoning it. Well, I thought, they should know so I removed it but a modicum of sense prevailed in that I decided to keep moderating comments.

Just as well, it turned out. Ever since I removed word verification I've been inundated by spam - some vile, most irritating and some simply baffling. So I've had no choice but to reinstate word verification as of today. I hope it improves things and that it doesn't put you off commenting here because I'd love to hear from you.

No comments: