Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Randomly From My Garden

 This kookaburra was doing a bit of hunting. I don't encourage them because they kill the young  blue tongues as well as the small skinks and frogs. The photo is a bit blurry because he was down near the back fence but he came up to the veranda later - when I didn't have my camera handy, of course.



 One of the motorbike frogs basking in the sun. Not the greatest photo but I didn't want to frighten them. There's another you might just be able to see in the patch of shade. I found them just as I was going to clean out the algae that you can see floating on the surface. They don't mind it but I do. The grate is to protect them from birds - and to make the pond safe so small people can't fall in.



This is one of my blueberry bushes in fruit. We have to grow them in pots because our soil is too alkaline. They were delicious, by the way.


And to finish off - a mystery. I'll give you a hint. It has been growing for nearly three years and I suspect I'll have about another three months or so before I can pick it but it will be worth the wait.

No comments: